Create in-store events
The main objective of Point-of-Sale Advertising is to promote a product at the point of sale.
It influences the buyer at the last moment and through increasingly bold media at the point of sale. Effective, a good part of brand choices and therefore purchases is decided impulsively through the advertising on the point of sale.
POI (Point of Information) represents all the signs put in place to guide the customer towards the product, to locate it.
It does not concern a particular product but relates to the information given to the customer and often remains long-term in sales places
With all the possibilities offered by digital signage nowadays, POS-advertising is increasingly encouraging interaction with customers.
Dynamic POS-advertising refers to dynamic signage, making it easier for customers to access a business’ offers.
Some crucial points for an optimal POS-advertising:
- attractive (original, a color, a form, a technique and materials matching the graphic charter of the brand
- adapted (taking into account the constraints of the point of sale)
- incentives (must generate interest and favor the act of purchase)
- modern technologies (the new technologies allow a « whaou » effect simply)
Differentiation thanks to interactive kiosks
The interactive kiosks are also solicited and help the customer to find or access additional information that are useful for him.
The interactive terminal represents multimedia support, whether it is embellished with games as a distraction tool or essential information for a store, it can be used as a real customer management tool.
Thanks to various tools and a touch screen, interactive kiosks are quite powerful to:
- Engage customers
- Increase traffic
- Pass messages and information
- Hand out gifts
- Collect data such as contact details or statistics
One of the main goals of the interactive terminal is to actively involve the customer in the point of sale. Get him a differentiating experience through interactivity, independently or, why not, accompanied by a hostess for special events.
“According to an IFOP survey, 69% of French people believe that the interactive terminals make a POS more attractive.”
Even more adapted tools
Nowadays, a wide variety of tools are available at POS in order to :
- Ensure harmonized promotion amongst all sales teams or departments
- Segment messages according to zones, news, audience …
- Be able to modify the program on-demand (e.g., flash sales,…)
- Easily and quickly update across a network or a network of stores
- Use the device to broadcast service messages outside business hours
…and many other uses, to make a POS always more attractive thanks to the interactivity between the customer and the advertising of the shop.